PREVENTATIVE MEASURES TO AVOID DIARRHEA WHILE TRAVELLING1:
- Take Bio-K+® Travel Protection for an intake of good bacteria that help balance intestinal flora. This is the first line of defence against germs and other agents that cause infections.
- Washing one’s hands reduces the risk of diarrhea by 30%.
- Avoid drinking water from surface sources (lakes, streams or rivers), untreated tap water and ice cubes.
- Avoid eating fruit and vegetables that cannot be washed or peeled.
- Avoid eating undercooked meat, fish or seafood.
- Avoid eating food that was left at room temperature for long periods, as these may be contaminated.
- Avoid consuming unpasteurized milk, cheese, ice cream or other dairy products.