A viable alternative to cough syrups, the sugar-free cough lozenges contain five different potent herbs, each of which work in a unique way to relieve cough, chest congestion, and throat soreness. Particularly suitable for diabetics, these lozenges can be used by adults, as well as children over 12 years of age.
Herbal ingredients and their uses
- Malabar nut (Adhatoda vasica) Malabar nut is an antitussive that suppresses dry cough and offers soothes a sore throat.
- Long pepper (Piper longum) Long pepper normalizes the production of mucus and treats cough and chest congestion resulting from the irritation of mucosa lining the lungs and airways.
- Hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis) Excess mucus in the airways can restrict respiration and lead to narrowing of the airways. Hyssop prevents this by eliminating excess mucus, allowing you to breathe more deeply and easily.
- Greater galangal (Alpinia galanga) Galangal herb treats the dry, tickling, and irritating cough that may lead to throat soreness and discomfort.
- Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) Liquorice is particularly suitable for dry cough as it normalizes the production of mucus, safeguarding the mucosa of the airways and throat from irritation and inflammation.