Melatonin 10 mg
Helps increase total sleep time (aspect of sleep quality) in people suffering from sleep restriction or altered sleep schedule, e.g. shift-work and jet lag. Helps to relieve daytime fatigue associated with jet lag.
Our daily sleep/wake cycle is regulated by our “circadian rhythm”, the physical, mental and behavioral changes in our body that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in our environment. The pineal gland at the base of the brain releases the sleep hormone, melatonin, when it gets dark, and suppresses production in the daytime. Older people can have problems sleeping because their melatonin levels are low. Studies have shown that a melatonin supplement can help shift-workers sleep better in the daytime. Melatonin is also helpful for travellers whose circadian rhythm is disrupted by jet lag. Melatonin is non-addictive and does not produce the “hangover” effect of many sleep-aid drugs.
*SISU supports ongoing cancer research projects in Canada by supplying the melatonin used in clinical trials in breast cancer and in paediatric oncology patients with relapsed solid tumours
- High-potency tablet, designed to be swallowed (not a sublingual tablet because the naturally bitter taste is more pronounced in the higher amount of the active ingredient)
- Helps people with low melatonin levels fall asleep more easily, sleep longer, and wake up less frequently during the night
- Can be started a few days before you expect your normal schedule to be altered (shift change, travel)
- Reduces the fatigue caused by jet lag
- Research indicates melatonin administered before surgery may help reduce postoperative pain and anxiety
- High dose of melatonin is currently being studied as an adjunctive therapy in certain types of cancer *
- Clinical research has found that melatonin can help reduce benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms or improve quality of sleep when added to benzodiazepine therapy
- Other possible uses of melatonin include the reduction of nocturnal hypertension and symptoms of irritable bowel and reflux (GERD)
- High-potency, fast-dissolving tablets
- Pure, safe, synthetic source (not sourced from animal brain tissue)
- No added sweeteners, colours or flavours
- Suitable for vegans
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- NPN approved
Each tablet contains:
Medicinal ingredient:Melatonin...10 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients:microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate (vegetable), croscarmellose sodium, silicon dioxide.
Contains no wheat, dairy, peanuts or soy.Adult dosage: Jet lag:Take 1 tablet 1 time per day at bedtime after darkness has fallen, while travelling, and at destination until adaptation to the new daily pattern.All uses except jet lag:Take 1 tablet 1 time per day, at or before bedtime.