Liquid Melatonin 10 mg
Helps increase the total sleep time (aspect of sleep quality) in people suffering from sleep restriction or altered sleep schedule, e.g. shift-work and jet leg.
Our daily sleep/wake cycle is regulated by our “circadian rhythm”, the physical, mental and behavioral changes in our body that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in our environment. The pineal gland at the base of the brain releases the sleep hormone, melatonin, when it gets dark, and suppresses production in the daytime. Older people can have problems sleeping because their melatonin levels are low. Studies have shown that a melatonin supplement can help shift-workers sleep better in the daytime. Melatonin is also helpful for travellers whose circadian rhythm is disrupted by jet lag. Melatonin is non-addictive and does not produce the “hangover” effect of many sleep-aid drugs.
- High-potency melatonin in a liquid form for accelerated absorption and rapid effects
- Helps people with low melatonin levels fall asleep more easily, sleep longer, and wake up less frequently during the night
- Can be started a few days before you expect your normal schedule to be altered (shift change, travel)
- Reduces the fatigue caused by jet lag
- Research indicates melatonin administered before surgery may help reduce postoperative pain and anxiety
- High dose of melatonin is currently being studied as an adjunctive therapy in certain types of cancer*
- Clinical research has found that melatonin can help reduce benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms or improve quality of sleep when added to benzodiazepine therapy
- Other possible uses of melatonin include the reduction of nocturnal hypertension and symptoms of irritable bowel and reflux (GERD)
- Natural black cherry flavour and naturally sweetened
*SISU supports ongoing cancer research projects in Canada by supplying the melatonin used in clinical trials in breast cancer and in paediatric oncology patients with relapsed solid tumours
- High-potency, rapidly absorbed liquid melatonin
- Liquid form for flexible dosing (people can personalize the amount they take at one time)
- Ideal for people taking high doses of melatonin as part of adjunctive therapies
- Pure, safe, synthetic source (not sourced from animal brain tissue)
- Suitable for vegans
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- NPN approved
Each mL contains:
Medicinal ingredient:Melatonin...10 mgNon-medicinal ingredients:citric acid, glycerine (vegetable), potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, purified water, black cherry flavour, sodium gluconate, black carrot juice, black currant juice, invert sugar.
Contains no wheat, peanuts, dairy, or soy.Adult dosage:Take 0.5 – 1 millilitre (mL) 1 time per day, at or before bedtime. 1 mL = 10 mg melatonin.