Evening Primrose Oil 500 mg
Source of essential fatty acids for the maintenance of good health.
Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are healthy fats that play a critical role in overall wellness, including mood and brain function, cardiovascular health, and joint health. One of the two groups of therapeutic fatty acids is omega 6. The active compound in omega 6 is called GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), and even though many vegetable oils used in our diet are a source of omega 6, they do not provide high amounts of GLA. Evening primrose oil is a rich source of GLA and not commonly part of the diet, so therapeutic doses are associated with supplements. The fatty acids in evening primrose oil help balance the hormone-like prostaglandins, which helps relieve symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), rheumatoid arthritis, and skin conditions without adverse effects.
- High-potency, cold-pressed evening primrose seed oil
- Provides support against inflammation associated with arthritis
- Supports healing in skin conditions such as dermatitis and eczema
- Supports hormonal balance against symptoms of PMS including breast tenderness, headaches, cramping, and mood swings
- Prostaglandins are factors in immune function and reproduction
- Small, easy-to-swallow soft gelatin capsules
- Standardized to provide a minimum 10% (50 mg) GLA per capsule
- Natural vitamin E added to protect the oil from oxidation
- Contains no ingredients that are a source of gluten
- Good Manufacturing Practices standards
- Tested for guaranteed purity and potency
- Tested for pesticides and herbicides
- NPN approved
Each softgel capsule contains:
Medicinal ingredient:Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) Seed Oil...500 mg
Providing 10% GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) & 74% linoleic acid
Non-medicinal ingredient:tocopherol (natural vitamin E).
Capsule shell:gelatin, glycerin, purified water.
Contains no dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, peanuts, artificial preservatives or corn.
Adult dosage:Take 2 capsules 2-4 times daily or as directed by a health care practitioner.